Vaccuming with sock on? Pics added.

Jun 20, 2009
Princeton, WV
Saw a recent post where someone suggested using a skimmer sock on your vaccum to get up sand/pollen on floor of pool. My water is clear but I am unable to get what I believe to be pollen up. Pollen has been horrible this year. I have been sweeping it to stir it up and using a skimmer sock, but it is very slow going. Any suggestions. Hopefully I remember from last yr how to upload pics from photo bucket.
IM000207.jpg

This is my water :-D

IM000208.jpg

The thorn in my side. :evil:
Water does not look green.
IM000209.jpg

Here is my vaccum. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Will try pics again. See it didn't work. Yea!! I did it.

I don't really have any suggestions other than to keep at it. If it is pollen, then the problem is that it will continue to deposit in your water despite all your efforts to rid the pool of it until all of the pollinating suspects quit pollinating. I would also try to be pretty vigilant about covering your pool when you aren't in it.

I think a fine skimmer sock would definitely help your situation. You have to be careful when using a sock vacuuming fine particles because it will clog fairly quickly. Just keep an eye on the suction of the vac and you'll know when it needs emptying.

I guess I should have asked how do I vaccum with a fine sock. Pull it over the vaccum place a secure it someway? Then the particles are pulled into the vaccum and caught by the sock?

Problem is we don't have any type cover. If I could at least find a way to get it out I would not care about any up keep.

Thanks,
Bonnie

Do you vacuum using a vacuum plate in the skimmer or do you have a dedicated vacuum port?

If you have a vacuum port you'll need to get a leaf canister with a fine sock that goes inline with the vacuum hose.

If you use a skimmer plate you just leave the skimmer basket inplace and put a sock over it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.