TF100 results question

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
Just checked my water after tons of rain over the past 2 days. FC came up as 3. Decided to check for CC, I added the 5 drops of R-003 back to the solution and it turned pink. I then added 2 drops of the R-0871 before it went clear again. Does this mean that I have 1(ONE) part cc or .1(point 1) part CC? Is it time to shock if it is 1 (ONE) part total? The way I'm understanding it, if the upper limit of CC recommended here is .5 before shocking, even if you have to add just one drop to turn the pink solution back clear it's time to shock as you are already at .5 Thanks in advance guys.

woodyp said:
Just checked my water after tons of rain over the past 2 days. FC came up as 3. Decided to check for CC, I added the 5 drops of R-003 back to the solution and it turned pink. I then added 2 drops of the R-0871 before it went clear again. Does this mean that I have 1(ONE) part cc or .1(point 1) part CC? Is it time to shock if it is 1 (ONE) part total? The way I'm understanding it, if the upper limit of CC recommended here is .5 before shocking, even if you have to add just one drop to turn the pink solution back clear it's time to shock as you are already at .5 Thanks in advance guys.
It depends if you're using 10 or 25 ml sample.

I used a 10 ml sample------the same one used for the FC test. Don't even see anything about using a larger sample. So you guys are saying even if you have to add only ONE drop of R-0871 to turn the solution back to clear that you're already at the CC max of .5 for shocking? That seems awfully sensitive to me and it also means you can't measure any CC lower than .5

woodyp said:
I used a 10 ml sample------the same one used for the FC test. Don't even see anything about using a larger sample. So you guys are saying even if you have to add only ONE drop of R-0871 to turn the solution back to clear that you're already at the CC max of .5 for shocking? That seems awfully sensitive to me and it also means you can't measure any CC lower than .5

From my understanding if you use the 10 mL sample and the instructions on the kit, 1 drop of R-0871 to turn back clear gives you a .5. If you have to add more than one drop you are above the .5.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.