what do u all. think about this pump

Looks pretty good to me to start with. I was running a Hayward 180T (150lb sand filter) and 1HP pump and it was much better than the crummy intex pump we had.

I paid $100 for mine as well but it had no base plate or hoses.

Greg

pitmanr2003 said:
here is one that seems good but maybe overkill but i could use it later on if I get a bigger pool. http://cgi.ebay.com/1-5-HP-Above-Ground ... 439e4a47d4

What do you all think of this one. about 100 dollars more than the inex sand filter.

Unprecedented vaule! Visiable pressure gauge! Advanced impeler design! How hard is it to spell-check an eBay auction? :roll:

I agree w/ dman; the pump is way to big. Really, it's too big for just about any residential pool.

im having hard time finding them on craigs list and have used tempest. Im not sure really what to look for being Im a newbie. when I do find a good deal its either already sold or I get no answer so I assume it is already gone. Also Im not sure how hard it will be to hook up to my existing setup. Thats Why I was thinking of just going with the intex sand filter. Its a direct bolt on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
pitmanr2003 said:
im having hard time finding them on craigs list and have used tempest. Im not sure really what to look for being Im a newbie. when I do find a good deal its either already sold or I get no answer so I assume it is already gone. Also Im not sure how hard it will be to hook up to my existing setup. Thats Why I was thinking of just going with the intex sand filter. Its a direct bolt on.

this is what i'm thinking about doing. seems like it being a straight hookup
is the way to go. plus the intex sand filter is getting great reviews on amazon! i know its only been out a short time but so far the ratings are 5 STAR!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.