Filling a pool procedures

Just got back from wally world. They didn't have the big bags of baking soda and HTH's was only 96% and a lot more.

To clarify I should take care of PH first and then TA. After lowering the PH, how long should I wait to try to raise the TA? Does the hour wait work here as well? Since they interact with each other, how do I keep one where I want it while I raise the other?

Got the following and am ready to start as soon as the skimmer is fixed... :grrrr:

7 lb HTH PH Minus (chickens--t to work with the acid) $11.47
4 lb HTH Stabilizer $14.97
4 - 2lb boxes of baking soda $1.12 ea

Unless I read the poolcalculator wrong, I should be good.

After adding chemicals you want to wait about an hour, with the pump running, before testing again. You will want to test again before adjusting the TA.

Changing the PH changes the TA a little. Changing the TA changes the PH a little. Since the other changes are relatively small, you can zero in on your target levels without too much trouble, though it will occasionally require a couple of tries.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.