Need advice on Replacement Skimmer

SBax

Jul 3, 2009
Eden Prairie, MN
Hi. I had to bypass the underground skimmer line because of an underground leak. I bypassed it using an aboveground pipe. Everything works fine except losing the skimmer now results in too many surface floaties in this area of the pool. I realize I need a skimmer here.

Is there an after market skimmer to hook up into the pipe? Can I make one myself?

Also, the unused skimmer now has stagnant water in it because there is no flow in and out. How do I seal up the old skimmer? Thanks a lot.

Poolskimmer25.jpg

It looks to me like your skimmer is only a foot or so away from the edge of the deck. You can probably dig under there and re-plumb it to take care of all the problems. Doesn't look like a huge job unless the pipe run is long.

Having that uncapped pipe connected to the suction side of your skimmer could be very dangerous to a small child, as it could trap them to the pipe and if they weren't able to stand up they could be held under water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.