Simpler ways to prevent calcium scaling?

Jun 10, 2010
Southern, CA
JasonLion said:
Of course there are much simpler and less expensive ways to prevent calcium scaling.
That product helps prevent calcium scaling of the SWG cell. Presumably it is a sequestrant optimized for calcium at SWG salt levels. If you are actually getting calcium scaling on your SWG cell all the time it will shorten the life of the cell. So preventing that scaling will lengthen the life of the cell. Of course there are much simpler and less expensive ways to prevent calcium scaling.

I have a one year old SW pool w/ Pentait ECG.
I'm getting flakes at the returns.
It doesn't tast like salt (Leslies dude told me that's what it was)
CL, PH, CY are good.
Last month I cleaned the filter carts and inspected the cell. nothing in it. put in some mild acid/water. no bubbles.

I assume it's calcium off the plates?

Any ideas on how to fix?

Welcome to TFP!

The chances of calcium scaling depend mostly on your PH, TA, and CH levels, with some effect from water temperature, CYA, Borates, and Salt. You should post a complete set of water test results and we can tell you how to adjust things to eliminate the calcium flakes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.