The Pool Calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased the Ipod PSiflow pool calculator but I have a quesiton about it perhaps users can help...
Every time I run the goal setup in the app (pool type, size, types of chemicals I am using etc... target goals (TFP) and then I leave the app for awhile... everything always resets.... and I have to reset it again and again. Is there a way to get the settings to stay? Perhaps Im missing something?

Is there a history tracker when you put the results of testing in?

Thanks!

the History was a side item comment

But my calculator (ipod) is definitely not saving my settings
ie Everytime I go into the area to setup goals... I select TFP goals but when i come back (say a day or two later) the goals are not selected as I had previously

Is there a save button that I am missing?

No, no save button. It is supposed to be totally automatic.

I went back and tried again. My *old* settings are remembered, but nothing I enter today is remembered across a power cycle of the device. Looks like a bug.

I reset them all and then checked back 15 minutes later and they were there... I came back 2 hours later and they are all gone again (reset back to the defaults)
Is there some sort of option in the Ipod settings I should check (if not in the software itself)

jmcecm said:
JasonLion said:
Yes, the current discussion is about the iPhone version. An Android version is expected eventually, but is not currently available.

Do you have an ECD for the Android version? Is it planned to be out before summer gets here?

In the meantime, you can use Opera Mini Browser on Android and go to thepoolcalculator.com.

Works great on my Samsung Epic, even saves the last info you entered whether you don't use it for a while or you restart your phone! :-D

still no word from Psiflow people... tried a different email I found for them too but no resultsTried resetting the Itouch's cookies settings but that didn't help it. I will uninstall the app and reinstall the app now that I changed the cookies settings ... and will see if that helps... other than that Im bummed it doesnt work properly

Never heard back from the Pool Calc App support

I took teh step of erasing my and restoring my Ipod to factory settings last night and then i reentered the data settings for setup and size etc... went to bed and when I woke up they were still there... Now If I can go home today and see them still resident then I know I solved the issue by just restoring the Ipod Touch

Dan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
JasonLion said:
In the meantime, you can use Opera Mini Browser on Android and go to thepoolcalculator.com.

Works great on my Samsung Epic, even saves the last info you entered whether you don't use it for a while or you restart your phone! :-D

I am out of luck either way because I have a AT&T Tilt2 Windows Mobile phone.

I decided to take matters into my own hands and make an offline version of the poolcalculator.com website for use on my phone. It works great and no connection is required to use it.

If it is not frowned upon by pSIFlow, I am willing to give this slightly edited HTML file to anyone who would like it.

carlscan26 said:
I don't believe that psiflow owns the web page pool calc - that's still Jasons. Right Jason?

Not as of this post January 3rd, 2011
JasonLion said:
Thanks for all the requests for an Android version of the Pool Calculator. Android support is the most requested feature, a handy way to gauge the importance of a potential new feature.

In related news, I have sold the Pool Calulator to pSiFlow Technologies, Inc. They are very excited about the product, and will finally give it the attention it deserves: adding new features and supporting additional mobile platforms. They have some great new ideas. I look forward to seeing where they take it.

carlscan26 said:
Oh yeah they have their copyright on the page.

Most browsers will allow you to save a web page to your computer for offline viewing. If you can copy that file to your phone you would not need an internet connection to open it with your mobile browser either.

So what are the legalities involved with using a browser's "Save Link As" function with the pool calculator web page?

JasonLion said:
Saving a copy locally is fine as long as it is for personal use and you don't share your copy with others.

I don't think it is possible to save a copy locally on any of the common smart phones.

If your phone can run Opera you should be able to.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.