SWCG In Aluminum (Esther Williams Classic)

trcons

May 17, 2010
Hi,

I recently purchased a used aluminum above ground pool. As I have been getting the site reading and running the electrical I have read a bunch about pool chemistry. (I'm no expert)
I am gone 3 days a week on average, usually in a row. It looks like a SWCG would be a good fit for me. I am a little nervous however about some of the posts I have read about corrosion on aluminum pool cleaner poles etc. Does anyone have experience with aluminum above ground pools and swcgs?

Thanks,
Tom

I don't know about fully aluminum pools, however my bottom rails are aluminum - I haven't had any pitting or issues, however I do know what you are talking about with the aluminum extension poles, I had my first one get quite pitted, but then I would leave it propped inside the pool leaning on the steps for extended periods - but then learned to remove and rinse my equipment after being in the pool. My metal walls are in really nice shape, not a spot of rust or degradation from the salt (we had to replace our liner this spring so I got to look everything over pretty well) I don't know how it would work with a fully aluminum pool - just keep in mind that the top rails are probably the part that would have contact enough to notice any damage or difference - the walls, rails, etc., would all be protected by the liner except the outside walls during splash out - with a routine "spraydown" using the garden hose after pool use, it probably wouldn't be a big deal. Hopefully an aluminum pool user will be along soon to help you with that particular. I just know that I do LOVE having the SWG

I'm about to install a 27" Ester Williams Classic and am considering using a SWCG system. I am concerned about corrosion of the Aluminum. Did you go ahead and use a SWCG system with your pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.