Favorite "toys" - ie floats, noodles, forts, hoops, etc ...

GCS

Jul 28, 2008
So now that we have this new monster in our backyard I was wondering what type of toys you guys all enjoy in your pool (other than the beer and the ladies :wink: )

Bear in mind we have an 8 year old and a 10 year old

Greg

My wife and I have this double float that is connected. Basically it has two floats connected together with a pocket in the middle. On another note, does anyone have one of those big coolers that you can put in the pool and put drinks in? If so does it work?

That would be our inflatable cooler with the cup holders. : ). We actually have two different type/brands. They both work great. One for cans of bevvies and one for the caraf of blended beverages - mine!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My kids are easy, they LOVE these 2 foot water blaster tubes that we get at the Dollar Tree... they dont last more then a week but my kids get more then a dollar worth of fun out of them!
975809.jpg

Of all the various floats, chairs, balls, squirt guns etc that we have, the 2 that get the most use are the toypedo and the noodles. The kids never tire of the noodles and everyone is amazed with the toypedo. It's very ingenious.

We have an Intex "Oasis Island". Costco usually sells them or similar style. Half of it is mesh so you can be wet and lounge. It is rather large and kids will try and jump from the pool deck onto it. Kids love noodles and dive games and anything that shoots water more than 10 feet! Remember to get the dive game pieces out of the pool! Have fun!

I probably would not buy one of these for myself due to the price (this one was a gift), but definitely our favorite toy for kids and adults is the sea scooter. We have the Dolphin kind like this...
http://www.scootermotion.com/seascooter ... -zs06.html

I know it's expensive, I'm just saying, everyone loves it, it has held up for 5 years and the battery stayed good for 5 years, I just replaced the battery for this season.

Other than that... Goggles! Everyone wants to use them, if you can find ones that are easy to adjust, grab a handful of them.

We've also found that water guns are great fun in the pool, as others mentioned.

Enjoy!

sbluhm said:
I probably would not buy one of these for myself due to the price (this one was a gift), but definitely our favorite toy for kids and adults is the sea scooter. We have the Dolphin kind like this...
http://www.scootermotion.com/seascooter ... -zs06.html

I know it's expensive, I'm just saying, everyone loves it, it has held up for 5 years and the battery stayed good for 5 years, I just replaced the battery for this season.

Other than that... Goggles! Everyone wants to use them, if you can find ones that are easy to adjust, grab a handful of them.

We've also found that water guns are great fun in the pool, as others mentioned.

Enjoy!

Yeah that would be a bit much for our 27' AGP.

Noodles are always a hit and Goggles are a requirement. They have the splash bombs and love throw them at each other and we have a bunch of dive sticks (the kids love these).

I am going to look at the toypedo.

Anyone have one of these? Gets good reviews. Only thing I would be concerned with is how much room it will eat up in the pool.
http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Po ... u=12718240

And yes a some sort of ball to bat around is a must as well.

Greg

EDIT - I did order one of the Kelsyus floats for the wife as she wanted something nice to lounge in when she is out there with the kids.

We have a number of toys: toypedos, dive sticks, squishie balls, soft frisbee, goggles, masks, snorkels, noodles, rafts, boards, on and on.

The youngest's favorite game is our own invention (although I'm certain others have thought of it before,) and he'll play it every chance he gets. We call it noodleball. Very much like baseball, but the bat is a noodle, and the ball is one of the squishie balls. There are typically three active players: the batter and two fielders. This is a round pool, so it's easy to have three bases, plus home (being the cake steps.) One of the fielders is also the pitcher and pitches the ball to the batter. Batter hits the ball and attempts to swim to each of the bases before he's tagged by the fielder with the ball. A fielder is allowed to throw the ball to the other fielder, but is not allowed to throw the ball at the swimmer; the swimmer must actually be tagged with the ball. If there are only three players, ghost runners stay one base ahead of the batter (or other ghost runner,) but cannot be tagged out. The only way to get a ghost runner out is make a double-play; you tag second (or third, if there are two ghost runners) and then manage to tag the batter. (Pretty rare, unless the batter hits right to one of the fielders.) The ghost runners can score as long as the result is no "empty" base in front of the batter.

Using a noodle and a squishie ball, it is rare to actually hit the ball out of the pool, so it's almost always in play.

The slide is great!!! A fun thing to do with the noodles is hold one end up against a return, then blast the kids with the water spraying out the other end!!! It's an endless, high-volume squirt gun!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.