Look what I got...

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
A Pitt Pad...

1.jpg

My wife thinks I'm crazy, but I just wanted to get the pitt off the deck so I don't have to worry about drippings and stuff.

You can also see the picnic table - just the right size for a 4 year old and her messy friends. :lol:

Oh, and here's how I'm spedning my afternoon...

2.jpg

I'm getting ready to go wrap them and let them slow cook for a couple more hours.

Those are some good looking ribs to come off of that Char Griller. I have a grill just like that one and love it. Easy temp control, the only thing is it's a real PITA to do beer can chicken- the warming rack gets in the way.

I need to post a new picture. The Chargriller is now resting peacefully at the in-laws house. :lol:

I don't have as much cooking space with the Grill Dome, but so far I've not run into anything I could not fit.

We did two stand up chickens on Sunday night and the fit great. The extra height of the dome makes it perfect for that kind of stuff. We will definitely be using it for the Thanksgiving Turkey.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have that same smoker grill! I works pretty good, but think this thing has a design flaw. On the handle, you have to be very careful in lifting, otherwise you will get scalded by the metal things on the side of the wooden handle.

My biggest issue with the Chargriller was heat retention. The thin metal does a poor job of maintaining heat and required a lot of baby sitting to do low and slow. It can be done, you've just got to work at it a bit more. When you smoke, you can see the smoke pouring out all over the place, which isn't ideal either. With the GD (or similar cookers), the heat is held extremely well and the smoke comes out the top and no where else.

SeanB said:
My biggest issue with the Chargriller was heat retention. The thin metal does a poor job of maintaining heat and required a lot of baby sitting to do low and slow. It can be done, you've just got to work at it a bit more. When you smoke, you can see the smoke pouring out all over the place, which isn't ideal either. With the GD (or similar cookers), the heat is held extremely well and the smoke comes out the top and no where else.

Totally agree with you. It does not retain heat worth a darn. Mike is constantly shoving wood chips in it and has to baby sit it as well. And I don't like the fact that the drippings drain right onto your deck or patio, unless you remember to put a can under it. Our first time using it, our sheltie ended up with a big ole greasy black spot on her head that I liked to have never gotten out. She had been helping herself to the drippings :shock: We definately use it sparingly as compared to our charcoal grill.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.