waste

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Coastalish 'down easter'
SeanB,

Thanks for creating this forum!!

I have a suggestion:

Is it possible to provide an area in the profile to let users tell what type (crete, liner, fiberglass), size and filter system equipment they have? (I've spent many hours going through past posts by people on other sites to get this info when it's pertenant to their question) Waterbear asks all posters to provide the same info per post inthis thread . I think it would be easier for everyone just to type that info once in the profile and then, if it's needed, whoever is attempting to help/ answer a question to which that info is pertenent can just 'click' on the poster's name to see it. I believe that this will allow quicker, and more accurate responses.

Thanks again for a new place to discuss pools, that won't be ladden with the 'typical pool store BS'!! - Waste

waste said:
SeanB,

I have a suggestion:

Is it possible to provide an area in the profile to let users tell what type (crete, liner, fiberglass), size and filter system equipment they have? (I've spent many hours going through past posts by people on other sites. Waterbear asks all posters to provide the same info per post in this thread. I think it would be easier for everyone just to type that info once in the profile and then, if it's needed, whoever is attempting to help/ answer a question to which that info is pertenent can just 'click' on the poster's name to see it. I believe that this will allow quicker, and more accurate responses.

Thanks again for a new place to discuss pools, that won't be ladden with the 'typical pool store BS'!! ( - Waste

That is a great idea.
The hosting service I'm using doesnt allow total customization in that way, but if you'd like to make a post in the "Pool Rules" area detailing what information should be included, I'll make the post as a sticky and ask that all new members read that first. We can just ask that everyone include that information in their signatures so that it will be at the bottom of any post they make. Would that do the trick?

waste said:
SeanB,

I have a suggestion:

Is it possible to provide an area in the profile to let users tell what type (crete, liner, fiberglass), size and filter system equipment they have? - Waste

That was a great idea. Ted's post can now be found under Pool Rules. I think this will be a big help both to people seeking advice and those giving it.

Thanks Ted (waste)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.