Sorry but what is this DE that i read about?

Re: Sorry but what is this de that i read about?

DE stands for diatomaceous earth. It can be purchased at a pool supply store and at some big box hardware stores like Lowe's or Home Depot. Be sure to get the kind made for pools and not for gardening.

Here's how you add it to a sand filter...
pool-school/add_de_to_a_sand_filter

257WbyMag said:
DE stands for diatomaceous earth. It can be purchased at a pool supply store and at some big box hardware stores like Lowe's or Home Depot. Be sure to get the kind made for pools and not for gardening.

Thanks For your quick reponse,I have crystal clear water,is this something everyone here is doing or is it a little more rare.

Thanks

From what I can tell, it's not done all that frequently. Then I would have to see a poll for some true numbers. Typically, we see people do it here when they are trying to clear a cloudy pool with a sand filter and for whatever reason, it just seems to be taking longer than desired. Some report that it works quite well and others have reported that they have seen only a negligible difference.

bats said:
257WbyMag said:

Thanks For your quick reponse,I have crystal clear water,is this something everyone here is doing or is it a little more rare.

Thanks

It can help clear cloudy water a little faster. Don't worry about it if you have clear water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.