Covers -- any particular brand or are they all the same?

As far as solar goes brand isn't so important as the other differences: thickness (although thicker is heavier to handle) opaqueness - clear, blue, silver, black or some hybrid of themn and warranties. We have always had blue for years but our next will be clear

Winter covers for AG really fall into two categories: solid and "micromesh" - they function a bit differently. The solid covers keep all debris AND liquids out while the micromesh only keeps out solid debris and allows fluids to seive through like cheesecloth. One requires an inflated pillow under the center to keep the middle of the cover off the water/ice to prevent a puddle or swamp from forming and may need occasional pumping. One sits ON the water/ice and is not pumped off. Both have to be properly secured for windy conditions. Please note that the micromesh covers are winter covers designed for snow and ice and NOT the same as a mesh leafnet type cover which is not manufactured to withstand snow and ice. Good luck

Thanks for the input on the covers. I didn't realize there was a difference in the winter covers. Guessing I need the micromesh style as we do get some snow and ice each year (this year was really bad) here in VA.

I did order a 12 mil Clear cover this AM from Solar Covers.com as they sent me a coupon to use so it was a little more than $100.

Greg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.