Rochester, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I recently replaced one junk psi gauge with another sold by a local pool store. The new one doesn't move higher than 2psi from the pressure immediately after backwashing (20-22 psi). A week or 2 later the gauge reads 2psi higher but i notice a substantial flow decrease out of the returns. Can someone recommend a decent brand or vendor? It needs to be a back mount and the only ones i have found at Lowes/Home depot are all bottom mount. I don't mind paying a little more for quality. It's a pentair sand dollar BTW.

Go to Ebay and buy a 0-30psi gauge. They're not much better but the scale is lower so they tend to be more accurate. You could buy a 4" faced gauge but they're expensive for this application.

You can buy a bottom mount gauge and a 90º elbow and close nipple to mount it to your filter.

Thanks for the reply. So a 90 is okay? I was concerned that the 90 would affect the readings, but wasn't sure if it made a difference.

Just make sure you get a sealed gauge. Some of the cheap ones on Ebay and an open back and water can get into the dial.

i picked up a Wika glycerin filled low press 0-30 psi off of ebay for like 25 bucks.... had it 3 years now and still going strong... It is a nice stainless gauge and stands up the elements here very well.. We use these gauges where I work and they are very reliable.

dremin2flyhi said:
i picked up a Wika glycerin filled low press 0-30 psi off of ebay for like 25 bucks.... had it 3 years now and still going strong... It is a nice stainless gauge and stands up the elements here very well.. We use these gauges where I work and they are very reliable.

I can vouch for the Wika guage as well. Just got one from these guys: http://www.gaugestore.com after multiple cheapos over the years. They have back mount versions like you want too. I went all stainless steel and glycerin filled and couldn't be happier. I also went with 0-30 for more granularity.

These are industrial gauges and they feel like it.

Backglass said:
dremin2flyhi said:

I can vouch for the Wika guage as well. Just got one from these guys: http://www.gaugestore.com after multiple cheapos over the years. They have back mount versions like you want too. I went all stainless steel and glycerin filled and couldn't be happier. I also went with 0-30 for more granularity.

These are industrial gauges and they feel like it.
Yep. That is where i got it. Very impressed. Shipped it the afternoon i ordered it and received it 2 days later. Good company.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.