2HP Pool Pump died (gently used or rebuild existing?)

From_Arizona

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2007
Glendale, AZ
:cry:

We had a pool party on Saturday and wouldn't you know it... the poll pump died! I am now researching what type of pump to replace it and see many 'gently' used pumps for sale on craigslist or maybe re-build the motor? I am on an extremely tight budget now and must get something to get my water circulating again.

Any advise on either rebuilding the motor or what to look for in a used pump?

It has been a while since I have posted and need to update my picture... no longer have the house with the pool I built. Luckily still have a pool to enjoy, at least when I am not stressing on it turning green w/o a working pump :grrrr: Have been using my TFT kit and the pool water was looking great, now adding chemicals and brushing to mix the last 2 days.

Without knowing anything about your pool it's impossible to make a suggestion on a different pump, so the only thing I can suggest is to rebuild the one you have unless you can find an exact replacement used.

Sorry, just rebuilt my signature as the details were from my last pool. This is a completely new pool to me as I just started maintaining it the last couple weeks. Have to go out and pull more details from the equipment later today. Definintely a plunge in the deep end when you don't know much about the pool and the pump motor dies! It sound like we will pull the motor and have it rebuilt...

I look forward to getting it pumping again and when I have more funds available, getting a quality pump and auto chlorination added. Loved my salt pool, but when the chemicals are in balance the chlorine pool isn't bad at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.