Where to find calcium chloride?

guamguy

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 26, 2010
Guam, USA
I know this has got to be posted on here, but I searched and couldn't find it. I'm trying to find calcium chloride other than in the "pool products" area of Home Depot. It costs about $13 for 5 lbs there :shock: I remember reading something about special ordering at Ace hardware, but we have no Ace! Ice melter in Guam is a little hard to come by :lol: Anyone got a suggestion where I can find this stuff sold in bulk? My fill water is about 100 CH, so when I backwash the filter and top the pool back up, my numbers take a dive, and I would like to avoid the expensive "pool product" calcium chloride. Thanks :-D

Calcium chloride is often sold as an ice melter. In a warm climate it won't be very easy to find anywhere other than pool stores or pool departments of big box stores. You might be able to find it at a concrete supply yard, as it is also used to accelerate concrete curing when it is cold out. But again, that is mostly a cold climate thing.

I belive Walmart has a program that will alow you to order on line for pickup in store...

Otherwise I believe cal-hypo shock is priced pretty close to bleach and will bring your CH up (I just bought 20 lbs for that reason).

Thanks, I'll try the concrete areas of HD. I've been looking for cal-hypo, but no luck at HD. Btw, no wally world here. We have one pool store, but since they're the only one, stuff is EXPENSIVE! I guess I need to pony up the cash so I can get CH in check

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.