Is it possible to bleach your liner?

Jun 20, 2009
Princeton, WV
I started the season with little or no cya, has been at 20 for awhile. Using up some pucks to help raise on my work days and also adding bleach to keep it in range. Is it possible to bleach your liner if you overshoot? I have been trying for the 3-7 range, but it has been closer to 3 most of the time. I can't see where it would be possible since my shock range is what 7-10 and I haven't had the need to shock, but I think hubby added extra bleach at times without my testing.

My liner is only 3 yrs old and just below the water line it looks lighter all the way around in a certain color block, but the darker color blocks are fine.

I think you are pretty safe up to 15ppm. The most common way to damage a liner is to add dry chemicals and let them settle to the bottom or any chemicals with the pump off. My liner is 6 years old and shows a little fading above the water line from sunlight.

Thanks JohnT. I always add dry chemicals in front of the return with my pump running and then brush the bottom in front of it to make sure none has settled there.

Sunlight seems the obvious answer since I don't notice it anywhere else. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.