"New" DIY build in NC

Nov 3, 2009
Fuquay Varina, NC
So this little project has taken about 6 months and still going! I am pleased with how it has turned out. I am also quite surprised with what I was able to accomplish strictly by myself, aside from the pool excavation and plumbing. I had virtually no experience and really no business taking on this job, but sometimes you just have to go for it. In the end I am glad I did it, but I have to admit there were times where I thought I was really in trouble. Anyway, I hope it doesn't sound like I am bragging, just proud. Enjoy the pictures!

In the beginning...

ry%3D400

The first scoop took out the cable and irrigation.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Starting to look like a pool!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Pavers are beautiful, but boy are they a back breaker!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Still not finished, I have installed a pergola, bought pool furniture and done landscaping. More pictures coming!

I recently put down just under 300 sq ft of pavers, so from personal experience I'm willing to applaud the work. And that don't even count what appears to be excellent work on the pool and surroundings. If you have any energy left, give yourself a pat on the back.

I fully understads your feelings, you should be very proud over the work you have done! That pool looks absolutely fabulous, I love the shape of it.
There is only one minor thing that disturbs me.
You should have let us in from the start :rant: :-D But from now on do you have to promíse to update your log on every progress that you make, no matter how small :cheers:

Wow...great job, from a fellow Carolinian. We just had our previous deck ripped out and pavers installed but we had to hire that out, with two small kids there was just no way we could have done it ourselves. So after watching four guys work on that for a week solid I am even more impressed with what you've done! Everything looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Amazing pool and we really love the Pergola. We were thinking of adding one across the entire deep end of our pool to put some shade in the pool and for the grill etc. That picture convinced us to do it so we are stealing your idea.....

I am in the process of adding a shingled roof to my pergola. Then I am closing only the back side and adding a shallow counter/bar. I want to have a protected place to add shelves and possibly a TV. We had originally planned to put a full bar right in the middle of the pergola, but after having sat under the pergola with friends on several nights with the tiki torches blazing and the music going, we decided we like the current seating arrangement too much to change it.

Thanks for all the comments. I will keep the updated photos coming.

Awesome work!!

And speaking from my own recent experience Pavers are a PITA!!! I did a 15 foot x 4 foot pathway and it nearly killed me. Anyone can do it sure but it is very backbreaking work. Took an entire Sat from 7:30am - 6:30pm and we got rained out so it wasn't finished. Spent Wed night from 6pm to 10:30pm finishing it.

Greg

When can we come over? :mrgreen: I'm calling first dibs on the floaty!!! :twisted:

Your pool looks amazing and I like it even more because you did it yourself! :goodjob: Congratulations!

That is AWESOME. I really wanted to do pavers on my DIY pool but after 4 months of dealing with crazy weather and mud and frustration, I was tired and just wanted someone else to do something finally, so we just put in concrete. Im STILL not done landscaping the back yard after the huge mess (we dug ourselves, ugh) I need to see if I have any construction pictures and post!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.