Crunching noise from pump?

edbson

Jun 25, 2007
My neighbors pump is making a crunching noise, and we have no idea why. it is about 2 years old, a Hayward 1 HP Powerflo( i think thats what it's called). Anyway, it is making a strange noise and has almost no suction. There is a little bit, but not much. Her filter pressure is normal 18 psi, and we tried backwashing to see if something was stuck. Took out pump basket and felt around and are clueless.......help?

Yes, it sort of does, kind of a crunchy noise, but not a "motor" noise. It is primed, I can see water thru the basket lid, but it is not all the way full, it is losing a bit somewhere and I cannot figure it out.

edbson said:
Yes, it sort of does, kind of a crunchy noise, but not a "motor" noise. It is primed, I can see water thru the basket lid, but it is not all the way full, it is losing a bit somewhere and I cannot figure it out.

If it's not full, it's not primed. Try tightening the basket lid. They have an air leak between the skimmer/drain and the pump basket.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.