Chlorine Pool added Baquacil

Jun 6, 2010
I have a chlorine pool and never heard of Baquacil, was giving this pool last year and had some baquacil in the pool house that came with it. Never used it until my 18 year thought she would add some oxidizer to the pool. it was maybe a 1/2 bottle now every time I add chlorine my pool turns green... Help I have no idea what happened

Buckley IL sand, AG, no test
thanks
Mary

Welcome to TFP!

It sounds like you are going to have to shock your pool to clear the baq product from your water. We will need some test results for the following: FC, CC, TA, pH, CYA, and CH. If you don't have a kit that can test for all of those things, it would be a good idea to get one as it will help you deal with future problems. The TF-100 (link in my sig line) is arguably the best kit out there, but there is also the Taylor K-2006 that will work as well. In the meantime, most pool stores can give you a panel of results, although the accuracy can leave much to be desired. Still, it's probably better than nothing at all.

See Shocking Your Pool to learn the process.

Welcome to TFP!

There are several different products that have the Baquacil brand name on them in big letters and all look fairly similar. Do you know which one you added? To see what I am talking about, take a look at this page and note the large Baquacil and very small "Oxidizer" on the label.

Some of their products are fine in a chlorine pool, others can cause a couple of different problems.

Also, does the water turn a clear transparent green, or does it turn a cloudy/murky green?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.