So how do the full time pool cleaners clean green water?

flyingvranch

In The Industry
Mar 14, 2008
Huntsville, Texas
I have a fair understanding of how to maintain a shock level in my own pool over a period of time. I am curious though to hear from the full time pool cleaning folks how they do it for some else's pool. I'm fairly certain that they don't drive back and return every six or twelve hours to keep the FC up. I'm sure they come across green swamps every day and i would like to know what methods they employ to fix the problems in as few visits possible and still stay profitable.

They do a fair amount of changing out water. Because most of them use stabilized chlorine sources, changing out water becomes necessary. BBB requires more attention than most pool services can provide and that is why they must go the stabilized chlorine route unless they are dealing with SWCG pools.

flyingvranch said:
I have a fair understanding of how to maintain a shock level in my own pool over a period of time. I am curious though to hear from the full time pool cleaning folks how they do it for some else's pool. I'm fairly certain that they don't drive back and return every six or twelve hours to keep the FC up. I'm sure they come across green swamps every day and i would like to know what methods they employ to fix the problems in as few visits possible and still stay profitable.

I was just wondering the same thing. The folks who pay for professional pool services have them come out once x week, not off and on all day long.

Between work, family & life we are gone for 10-12 hrs/ day and cannot test and maintain like people who are home more realistic hours. So we are just doing the best we can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.