test numbers - what do they mean?

Feb 7, 2010
Hi!

I've been doing BBB since last summer and my pool looks great. My husband (who's a bit of a geek) has taken an interest in the testing and wants to know what the numbers mean. I can't explain it, I just feed the numbers into the pool calculator and do what it tells me to do. Will someone explain what the numbers mean? The pool numbers are out of whack this week and I'm adjusting for it. But why am I doing what I'm doing? You idiot-proofed BBB so I don't have to have a deep understanding, but my husband wants to understand the underlying chemistry. Thanks!! :)

FC 1
CC .5
TC 1.5
pH 6.8
T/A 30
CH 50

Chris and Ed

33000 gal inground concrete and plaster pool (1974), original PacFab PF-50 sand filter with stainless steel, centrifugal pump
Note: pool, pump and filter leak a bit so we replace a little water daily from a 35 foot well that is used only for pool and irrigation of lawn and garden...well water is untreated (not chlorinated or filtered).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.