Aqua smarte system malfunctioning

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
I came across this thread in search of an answer for an Aquasmart issue and now I think I know the answer. Watsons also sold this too us last year. It works well for about 5 months, then the bacpacs started to not dissolve. When we first put in the system, a cartridge would dissolve in about 2 weeks and the chlorine levels were good all the time. Now, this year, the cartridges are not even dissolving and I'm having to chlorinate with tablets in the skimmer...And I just spent $100 on mineral cartridge.

Any idea why the bacbacs would not be dissolving?

Can I pull the cartridges out of the aquasmart and drop chlorine tablets in it and use it as an inline chlorinator since it seems to not be working at all this year?

Right now, I add something called PhosFree to eliminate algae that is supposed to work along with the mineral system. What would I add for algae control if I went back to a chlorine system?

Thanks

Ross (also in TN)

King Technologies manufactures the system, you can contact them for replacement parts (if you wanted to repair the unit.

However, I'd recommend you just remove it from the plumbing and install a simple inline chlorinator if you want to use tablets, or follow the BBB method and just add a little bleach each evening. Either of these options would be alot cheaper and more sanitary than using the Aqua Smarte system.

Have you read Pool School?

I did just read the pool school. I think I will just start using the BBB system. The pool is in good shape right now. TA and PH are on the low side of OK. I just shocked it today. FC is at about 2ppm. Now should be a good time to start the BBB system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.