Dead Chipmunk in Pool

poolneophyte

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Long Island, NY
Woke up this morning to find a chipmunk at the bottom of our pool. I looked at the pool last night around 10:00PM with the light on and know it wasn't there at that point. So, I removed the corpse and now have a question. Do I need to shock the pool? Presently, TC is around 4 and CYA is near 70. I just turned the SWG up a little higher to hit my target FC value of 5.

Thanks.

As long as you got it out of there, probably not. You can if you want to though. I'd probably just run a little higher FC for a day.

Thanks for the responses. I ended up finding another one at the bottom. We are landscaping the entire yard and our shed was moved yesterday afternoon. I'm guessing that there was a family of chipmunks that were living underneath it because I now see them scurrying all over the yard. I hope that no more end up in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.