Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dead Chipmunk in Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Dead Chipmunk in Pool

Woke up this morning to find a chipmunk at the bottom of our pool. I looked at the pool last night around 10:00PM with the light on and know it wasn't there at that point. So, I removed the corpse and now have a question. Do I need to shock the pool? Presently, TC is around 4 and CYA is near 70. I just turned the SWG up a little higher to hit my target FC value of 5.

Thanks.
    Free-form concrete walls with vinyl liner, 18,000 gallon capacity, Jandy 1.5HP e-Pump, Jandy DEV48 DE filter (using cellulose media), Jandy AE2500 heat pump, Jandy Aqualink Power Center with 14-blade cell kit and Jandy PDA-P8 wireless control system.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dead Chipmunk in Pool

As long as you got it out of there, probably not. You can if you want to though. I'd probably just run a little higher FC for a day.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

yeah you'll be fine. Just keep your FC chlorine up.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the responses. I ended up finding another one at the bottom. We are landscaping the entire yard and our shed was moved yesterday afternoon. I'm guessing that there was a family of chipmunks that were living underneath it because I now see them scurrying all over the yard. I hope that no more end up in the pool.
    Free-form concrete walls with vinyl liner, 18,000 gallon capacity, Jandy 1.5HP e-Pump, Jandy DEV48 DE filter (using cellulose media), Jandy AE2500 heat pump, Jandy Aqualink Power Center with 14-blade cell kit and Jandy PDA-P8 wireless control system.

5. Back To Top    #5

interesting for sure...within the last month I've woke up in the morning and found a mouse and a mole in the pool floating around. As long as you get it out then that should be fine.
    23000, Sand, IG, Plaster, Century Pool/Jetted Tub Motor 1.5HP, Rainbow Lifegard Feeder Model 300