Base of Multiport Leaking Water

For the first month of the season I had no problems with my Eco Kleer multiport filter. Then, last weekend, it started leaking a significant amount of water from the base of the multiport and the water tank, enough to visibly drop the water level before it was noticed. The pump and filter are still pushing enough water to recirculate. I tightened the connection (no help), removed the multiport and reset the o-ring and retightened. No help. Could this be an o-ring failure? What would cause water from the water tank to start leaking significantly overnight? Thanks!

It could be a crack on the neck of the vessel or the multiport. A close inspection should tell you where it's leaking from. It could also just be that the o-ring is old and needs replacing.

Did you lube the o-ring when you removed and replaced it?

I'll check for a crack. I haven't replaced the o-ring. The only time I've exposed it since installed the pool last July was to replace sand this spring. I did not lubricate when I put it back in place. The o-ring does appear to not be completely circular. I am surprised at how it is just not leaking but putting water out under pressure from the base of the multiport. Barring no cracks, my first option should be to replace the o-ring? Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.