Apr 5, 2007
Joliet, Il.
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Ok...so normally I buy my liquid chlorine in >12% form and get 5 gallons for $9.00. But I have to drive a little bit to get it. Which isn't a problem in most instances, except for lately I'm so busy I can't get a free moment to pick it up :? . So I go to the grocery store to get two gallons to hold me for a few days...it's $.79 for a gallon of 5.25% solution. I'm walking to the checkout just begging for someone to ask me what in the world I need so much bleach for? Nobody says a word :( I walked out with every gallon of sale bleach they had...27 bottles :D

oh what fun it is being a BBB'er

dan

I work in a medical lab and had gone in to w-mart one morning after work wearing my lab coat. I had done a gram stain witch exploded all over my lab coat. The counter stain is a pinkish red and had caused a few speckles all over the front of my coat. I picked up 9 - 5 quart jugs of the off brand bleach and headed for the check out.....The girl looks at all the bleach then at me and goes white and clears her throat...I look her in the eye and comment I had had a rough night but have a lot of clean up to do at home this morning......She checked me out very quickly and never said a word but I did notice that the greeter did follow me out and write something down as I left.
Steve

lolololol I just bought several gals at wmart the other day too - all I got was, "wow, you like your whites really white?" I said, "Oh, I have teenagers...." Its the same reply I give when I buy 9 gals of milk at a time. Should have said its for BBB, but it was busy and I hate to distract those poor overworked kids working the checkouts with complex comments.....

That is a great price for bleach!

I routinely buy as much as 40 or 50 gallons of bleach at a time, as I own a laundromat. When I get the stupid clerk wanting to know what I am going to do with all that bleach I simply tell them with a straight face that I mix it with ice cream and that it makes a great milk shake :)

LOL - I only had a snappy comeback once on the bleach in quantities issue. That was at the Dollar Store.

"Divorces can be messy...but they don't have to be"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.