BBB From the start????????????

Jun 1, 2010
Bonaire, GA
Hello all...after much reading on this amazing forum, i think i like the BBB method better than most other maintenance methods...i am having a 14100 gal AGP put in this Tuesday...what do i do to get it going from the start...i have already purchased the TF-100 kit anticipating that i will need to test the 'fill' water as soon as the pool is up and full.

Is there a way to figure out how much bleach i need to put in initially?

Hello!

Are you filling your pool with your regular house/city/well water, or is the water being trucked in?

If you are filling your pool from your tap, so to speak, you can do some testing today--get some practice in.

Then, go to Pool School, under Pool Chemistry is the Pool Calculator, and you can fiddle around with that to get used to using it.

Lana

Welcome to TFP :wave:

http://www.poolcalculator.com

Very useful tool and will give you an idea of where you need to get your levels. In the mean time read Pool School a few times over...You took the most important step, which is getting a good test kit. BBB is not as much about Bleach, Borax and Baking Soda...as it is about knowing your pool water chemistry and how certain chemical will alter it.

If you run into any issues during the fill, just let us know, post a full set of test results and we'll get you going in the right direction :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.