Rough Pool Surface

That depends on why it is rough. Calcium scale can be removed with an acid wash. Plaster that has been etched may need to be replaced, depending on how deep the etching has gone. Some people use a grinder, but that is a lot of work and requires that you have enough plaster left.

JasonLion said:
That depends on why it is rough. Calcium scale can be removed with an acid wash. Plaster that has been etched may need to be replaced, depending on how deep the etching has gone. Some people use a grinder, but that is a lot of work and requires that you have enough plaster left.

It took me two hours, using angle grinder, 18 volt, Li-ion batteries (full power for longer), with concrete disc, for the bottom step in my pool. My pool steps are probably "average" in size. Pool was drained for an acid wash in 2008. We didn't want to use much acid on horizontal surfaces because the scaling was not evenly dispersed and acid would have taken off scale AND good plaster.

This scale had been building for four years (since acid washing in 2004) in a terribly unbalanced pool (mine :oops: ). pH was probably always too high.

Acid washing is not fun especially if it is around, at, or above 100 F. Lots of cold beverages, with alcohol help to deaden the "pain". I always use lots of fans around pool to pull fumes out.

gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.