Fitting removal

Jun 2, 2009
Need to remove the fitting where water returns to the pool. I have removed the outer ring and eyeball, no problem.
I need to remove the fitting that all of that attaches to . The directions for my pool cleaner says to remove these so that I can hook it up.

It is a Polaris Turbo turtle. There is about an 1/2 inch of threads showing , I have tried channel locks . The guy who installed the pool last year recommended one of those grippers ( like for mason jars ) so I put the channel locks on it and tried. No luck.
He said its not glued in , but I am beginning to wonder. Any ideas ????

I asked the installer that question last year and called the pool store owner also , even checked with the local pool store last week and they all say " oh you just have to grip it and it will unscrew "

Well show me how ???

I will try searching on the web .

I recently removed my eyeball fitting for the first time in 5 years. It was tight! Also I had a ring that screwed tight to the wall of the pool. Once I loosened it the fitting loosened as well and I was able to remove both pieces from the return. The fitting went through the ring and screwed into the wall of the pool. If it just doesn't budge you may be able to find and adapter that will connect the Polaris to the return fitting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.