liner and coping estimate

Tyrone Shuz

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2007
Bowie, MD
I wanted stone coping but we can't have it w/o total destruction/rebuild of the concrete deck. Not gonna happen, it's at least $15k for not fancy stamped concrete.

So the liner's going bad, and I want to get both replaced. Unfortunately, I cannot afford stone coping. The price isn't unreasonable, but the trip hazard is, and the way to not have a trip hazard is totally rebuild the deck. We have that aluminum stuff now. I suppose we can live with a new version of what we have.

The estimate for the liner (16X32 3.5 ft - 8 ft.) is about three grand, and the coping about $2500 with a few incidentals included. Call it $6k for both. Is this reasonable? This doesn't include the water either. They offer a truck service, but it's about $500/10k GAL. Ouch. That's another grand (19k gal pool). I know we can get a meter from the city and run a hose from the hydrant. I'm guessing we'll have to rent a big hose, a garden hose would be worthless, and you have to get water in a liner pretty quickly.

What's the going rate on a vinyl liner 16 x 32 these days? I think some liners are better than others, so I don't necessarily want the cheapest. I want it to last. And are dark colors OK, or is it problematic to see growth, etc?

And what's the rate on coping of the same length? It's actually slightly less because there's a 4ft stairway entrance on one corner.

Man...that would take about three days, wouldn't it? Maybe less w/both hoses running. Doesn't a liner need the water to hold its shape? I thought it was bad for a liner to take too much water out, so that goes in reverse too, when you put it in, right?

Tyrone Shuz said:
Man...that would take about three days, wouldn't it? Maybe less w/both hoses running. Doesn't a liner need the water to hold its shape? I thought it was bad for a liner to take too much water out, so that goes in reverse too, when you put it in, right?

You can hold the liner in place for days with a blower, allowing you to fill however you want. I had to haul my water 1000 gallons at a time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.