autopilot pool pilot digital freeze up

Jun 5, 2010
This is my second year with a pool and swg and unfortunately everything I'm learning has been through trial and error. The autopilot controls my pump and as far as i know that is the only way to turn the pump on. Whenever I turn on the pump on the autopilot after a few minutes the autopilot freezes up and I cant shut it off or make any type of adjustments in the menus. To turn it off i have to use the main power switch and when i turn it back on it says pump off. Also, it might be worth noting that while the pump is on the autopilot screen next to the temp it says off, not sure what that means. I apologize if I haven't given you enough technical jargon to go by but this is the extent of my technical knowledge as it pertains to swg's. Please help, overly frustrated with this whole pool and swg system.

Welcome to TFP!

It sounds like your unit is probably broken, but lets rule out a couple of simpler possibilities first.

AutoPilot units tend to ignore key presses part of the time, but not for long periods of time. The most common case of this is ignoring presses made while the screen goes black for a moment when it is about to cycle to a new page. If you press just after a new display page appears it should notice the press.

When you turn on an AutoPilot unit it will set the pump on or off based on the scheduled run time, not the state it was in most recently. So if the pump is scheduled to be off, it will remain off, and if it is scheduled to be on it will turn on after a short delay.

It also appears like the time on the display has not moved it's reading 12:00 am. the pump is currently running and if I shut it off at the main power and turn it back off the pump will remain off and i can make adjustments to the board but as soon as i turnn the pump on the board freezes up

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.