Gurus -- question here. I shocked my pool at the start of the season. Drop tests are good, pool is clear, yeah!
I let the chlorine levels fall down to around my target slowly as the pool warmed up -- still everything is okay.
Now, I suspect I might have a bit of algae (have not had a chance to do a drop test), because the pool is not 100% sparkling but I think I've done everything right!
As best I can tell, I've never been lower than 5.5 FC (I test every day). Other numbers:
Temp 81, CC=0.5, TA=110, CH=450, ph=7.5, CYA=80