quick question about solar covers

We have a blue solar cover, we used it when it was too hot, but know its getting in the upper 90,s and today 100 do I still use it. I don't like the water too hot, and during the day the water can be 90. Also when going on vacaction for a week should I use it. I am thinking the hotter the water the better the conditions for algee.
Thanks

Using an opaque cover while you are away is a great idea. The cover will help reduce chlorine consumption, and make it more likely that everything will still be fine when you get back.

There are mixed opinions about using a cover during the day on a hot day. Depending on a couple of things that are difficult to predict, you might be better off with it on or better of with it off.

Re. temps, if you take the cover off at night, the water should cool off more than if you leave it on. Assuming the air temp drops below the water temp (radiation/convection cooling as well as some evaporation). Same principle as people running solar panels at night to cool the water.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.