Pool Party

May 16, 2010
St. Louis, Mo.
I am having a pool party with about 30 people with kids. They will be in and out of the pool all day .I was wondering do I need ti put more bleach in my pool to raise my chlorine. MyFC is at 4. Weather today is going to be in the 90's with 70% humidity.

I'm gonna' try to beat PG22 again.....Yeah, with that many folks in that pool, I would suggest boosting FC up around 8ppm...perhaps even 10.......an hour or so before the party. End result is pool should be down somewhere around 4 at the end of the party and you can "resume normal operations" Have Fun!!

With CYA at 60 and 30 people expected, I would go higher, and raise FC up to 12 before the party, and then check FC again the first chance you have after the party is over and raise it up to 12 again.

duraleigh said:
I'm gonna' try to beat PG22 again.....Yeah, with that many folks in that pool, I would suggest boosting FC up around 8ppm...perhaps even 10.......an hour or so before the party. End result is pool should be down somewhere around 4 at the end of the party and you can "resume normal operations" Have Fun!!

Well you did duraleigh because I WAS OUT BRUSHING SWEEPING AND SHOCKING MY CRYSTAL CLEAR POOL!!! lol!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And Brett, I think our numbers are rather close and I concur with Jason and Duraleigh...with that kind of bather load, your pool will thank you for the extra chlorine. The 12 Jason mentioned is what I'm thinking about as a pre-party boost.

Have a great day and don't worry!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.