Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fried my aqua trol - where to buy parts

1. Back To Top    #1

Fried my aqua trol - where to buy parts

Alright this dumb noob had his aqua trol hooked up for less than a day and then while trying to do a back wash soaked his aqua trol control unit and it shorted out. ( at least it tripped the breaker) after taking it apart and drying all that I could see it does the same thing.

My question is where can I find a new control unit without paying the full price for a complete kit?

Or is there anyone here who services these units?

Thanks for helping a noob who just made a expensive mistake today.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fried my aqua trol - where to buy parts

Oh bummer. Go to th Aqua Products website customer service page. It should have some resources
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

3. Back To Top    #3

An Internet search turns up a couple of places that sell parts, for example here.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Wow the parts for these are more expensive than just buying the who kit. I bought mine for 500. and the control unit alone from some of these parts places want more than that for just the controller.
    I guess my options are buy a hole new unit for 500.00 or just not use the salt generator and do it the old fashioned way.

5. Back To Top    #5

Can you elaborate on what 'the old fashioned way means'? There are some dangers to be aware of if I am guessing correctly on what you have in mind.
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html