phosphates

Re: pool closing question

How much polyquat is needed to close my pool(vinyl, 20k gallons)? Also,
Does it have to be polyquat 60??......and where can I polyquat...Leslie's
Pool Store.....Thanks so much.

Re: balancing questions

I opened my pool a few days ago. I shocked the pool last night using bleach. Pool is inground 20K gal, vinyl liner. My current levels are FC 10.5, CC 1.0, CYA 35-40, T/A 120, PH 7.2, water temp 67. I checked my FC this morning and it was still at 10.5. My CC level is till 1.0(it's almost between .5 & 1.0). What do I need to do to get my CC level to .05 or lower?....shock again tonight??......Thanks for you help!

Maintain shock level. You aren't done shocking until the CC level is 0.5 or lower. Most likely the CC will go away during the day today. If you have been covering the pool, CC is more likely to go away if you leave the pool open to sunlight.

If the pool was covered, I'd expect high CC. Chlorine, circulation, sunlight, and time will get rid of it. You're almost at shock level anyway, add a little more bleach to get it up to about 14 and leave the pump on all day. Give it a good brushing to get water moving in the dead spots like the corners. You're done shocking when:
The water is clear;
An overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less;
CC is 0.5 or lower.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you aren't able to swim this weekend. Well, if you can take the chill, that is!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.