What is the proper order of water tests to do on a a/g vinyl

May 28, 2008
Jackson, NJ
Hi Everyone,

What is the proper sequence of water tests to do to get the best results?

My tests for today are as follows:

Chl 0
ph 7.4
alk 70
calc 90
cya 0

I had a huge amount of leaves in the bottom from the cover coming loose during a huge storm and dropped in the pool last winter. The leaves and debris are 95% out. The water is very slightly hazy. It has gotten much better from the shocking I did in the past 4 days.

Thanks

It really doesn't matter which sequence you perform the tests in. You should do the FC and pH tests every day and the other tests about once a week or longer. Unless your shocking, then you should test and adjust pH first then test FC every few hours to begin with and cc once a day. At least that's what I recommend.

Thanks,

Maybe I should have asked:

What is the order of bringing test results in line with the recommended levels?

Such as should I have my TA in line before I get the PH in line or some other sequence.

Being my Cl is 0, I am thinking I should get that up to shock level tonight.

If you're dumping in lots of Chlorine, test that first, because high FC will affect the colors in the other tests rendering them useless.

I usually hit pH first, because the more you agitate, the more you aerate, and it could affect the reading. But probably I'm just being obsessive. Then FC, then TA. CYA isn't going to change much, if any, week to week. It can wait its turn. And I know my CH is gonna be high no matter what. It can wait too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.