Fresh Diamond Brite and Wire Brush

brcl2

Jul 23, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I have algae on my pool walls. I tried brushing them with my nylon pool brushes, but there are areas that are not coming clean. Do you think I should get a wire brush and try that?

The pool does have a new Diamond Brite finish (about 3 weeks now). Of course I don't want to destroy that.
Thanks again for all the advice.
Brad

Kill the algae first with chlorine. Post your chemistry numbers and we can help - you shouldn't need more than a nylon brush once the algae is exposed to high levels of chlorine :-D

A wire brush should not be used on new plaster. Once it is about a year old you should use a combo nylon/stainless brush for normal brushing and a steel brush for stubborn algae. for now stick to the nylon brush.

not sure what DB you have, but...

I have tahoe/midnight/onyx, (quartz)... installed 2.5 weeks ago. my pb said he was going to load with acid and brush lots with ss brush. I called sgm immediately and asked them their opinion of brushing with wire brush, and he said "it's quite a work out, but best for the finish... the more you brush it in the first 30 days, the better."

I've brushed it lots since then, and it looks pretty darn good.

call them yourself though... it was easy to get through to a person.

best of luck,

steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.