Ooops, that just happened.

chris4150

LifeTime Supporter
Hello all,

After a week of daily bather load, temperatures above 90 each day, and two days of rain, I finally got around to checking my pool chemicals and was horrified and shocked to see that my FC dropped to 0 :grrrr: :hammer:

I immediately checked my PH to balance it and then confered with the pool calculator to raise my FC to 6 based on my CYA of 50.

After brushing the pool down subsequent to the addition of bleach, my water is a bit cloudy. I would imagine that the cloudiness is due to the bleach attacking any unforseen algae etc.

My question is should I shock the pool or just maintane my FC at the desired level of 6 ppm or raise it to 8 ppm and maintane it at that level?

Let me know what you guys think.

Chris

Definitely add some more chlorine. Since the water is already cloudy, I would aim for shock level tonight. Hopefully, you will still have a plausible FC level tomorrow and won't need to do a full round of shocking the pool.

The sooner after FC goes to zero that you can raise the FC level up, the better your chance of recovering from it quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.