Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ooops, that just happened.

1. Back To Top    #1

Ooops, that just happened.

Hello all,

After a week of daily bather load, temperatures above 90 each day, and two days of rain, I finally got around to checking my pool chemicals and was horrified and shocked to see that my FC dropped to 0

I immediately checked my PH to balance it and then confered with the pool calculator to raise my FC to 6 based on my CYA of 50.

After brushing the pool down subsequent to the addition of bleach, my water is a bit cloudy. I would imagine that the cloudiness is due to the bleach attacking any unforseen algae etc.

My question is should I shock the pool or just maintane my FC at the desired level of 6 ppm or raise it to 8 ppm and maintane it at that level?

Let me know what you guys think.

Chris
    13,500 gallon free form Pebble Tec pool- 2 skimmers
    Pentair Intelli-Flow filter pump, Pentair Intelli-Super Flo booster pump, waterfall pump, Del Ozone Eclipse 1 generator, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Cartridge filtration, Nature 2 XG Clear Vision, In-line Chlorinator, Polaris 280, Raypack heater, and Color Logic LED lights.

Proud user of BBB, pool school, pool calculator, TF-100, and the advice of the friendly people here!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ooops, that just happened.

Definitely add some more chlorine. Since the water is already cloudy, I would aim for shock level tonight. Hopefully, you will still have a plausible FC level tomorrow and won't need to do a full round of shocking the pool.

The sooner after FC goes to zero that you can raise the FC level up, the better your chance of recovering from it quickly.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School