After a week of daily bather load, temperatures above 90 each day, and two days of rain, I finally got around to checking my pool chemicals and was horrified and shocked to see that my FC dropped to 0
I immediately checked my PH to balance it and then confered with the pool calculator to raise my FC to 6 based on my CYA of 50.
After brushing the pool down subsequent to the addition of bleach, my water is a bit cloudy. I would imagine that the cloudiness is due to the bleach attacking any unforseen algae etc.
My question is should I shock the pool or just maintane my FC at the desired level of 6 ppm or raise it to 8 ppm and maintane it at that level?
Let me know what you guys think.