liquidator hook up

joel0711

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2010
East Tennessee, 40 miles west of Knoxville Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a liquidator on the way and also the up grade to 3/8" parts coming. I will use the drain plug on the pump for hook up of the out line. I have a hayward in line chlorinator at present and noticed a pipe hook up plug on the side of the chlorinator,right at the bottom. . If it is possible to hook up here would the "pull" be sufficient for operation? Just trying to avoid drilling if possible.
I dont mind adding chlorine manually but i'm trying to prepare just in case i'm unable to do it daily.

You'll just have to try and see if it'll supply enough water to keep the LQ full of water when you're drawing from it. It doesn't make a lot of difference where you get the water as long as there is enough pressure to keep the LQ supplied.

I'm in the same boat as you with my new LQ on the way. I also have an off-line Hayward chlorinator currently installed. I was going to use one of the lines from the chlorinator to tap into the LQ, but noticed that my heater has three drain plugs that are the same as the one on the pump. So I am going to try and use the pump drain plug for the OUT line from the LQ, and use one of the drain plugs from the hearer as the IN line to the LQ. I have ordered a plug from US Plastics that I think will work in place of the pump drain plug (I'm doing the 3/8" mod).

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.a ... &catid=669

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.