Filling pool for the first time

Jun 4, 2010
I am in the process of filling my 10k gal pool now. I just found this site and ordered my TF-100 test kit. In the meanwhile is there a minimum of BBB that I should add to start with? In the past I used Baquacil but just cant afford it anymore. Like what I have read here and joined. So I am going to give the "BBB" method a shot.

Splash above ground pool, 10k gal. 13x25 rectangle, 1hp Hayward pump and 85 sq ft cartridge filter.

If you used Baquacil last season you will need to replace your cartridge if you haven't already.

You can use the Pool Calculator to get the starting level for chlorine and CYA. According to the pool calculator you will need 3/4 of a 96 ounce jug of 6% bleach to bring your FC to 3ppm.

Without CYA that will burn off quickly. To bring CYA to 30ppm you will need 40 ounces of stabilizer. Put it in a sock and hang it in front of the return until it dissolves. It will take about a week for the CYA to show up on the test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.