Not algae but....Mosquito Larvae?

edbson

Jun 25, 2007
I have a problem and am hoping chlorine can cure it. Mosquito Larvae, and they evidently do not care that the Chlorine level is 6 ppm. I did add some this morning, brought it to 10ppm, and am running the filter at present. Is this common? We ARE having a horrendous problem with mosquitoes due to having 22 inches of rain in 24 hours and living in a swamp. I am hoping the chlorine will kill them, but if not what will?

edbson said:
I have a problem and am hoping chlorine can cure it. Mosquito Larvae, and they evidently do not care that the Chlorine level is 6 ppm. I did add some this morning, brought it to 10ppm, and am running the filter at present. Is this common? We ARE having a horrendous problem with mosquitoes due to having 22 inches of rain in 24 hours and living in a swamp. I am hoping the chlorine will kill them, but if not what will?

I'm pretty sure mosquito larve stick to the surface. Scoop them out with a skimmer net.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.