Stupid Question

Jun 4, 2010
I am on day 6 of my conversion. I have so far used 24 bottles of 1.42 gallons of bleach and we are still green and not there. I am very discourarged but am knee deep in it now and cannot turn back. I am heading to the Wal of Mart right now to buy more and hope I am not accused of being a meth lab (again).

In the post by Jason on how to covert, the only level he said to watch was PH. Am I supposed to be watching the other levels (alkalinity, hardness, stablizier) too while this conversion is going and keeping them up to par? This is not stated in the directions and I have not been.

Also, my catridges in my filter are 2 years old. I have replacements for them when this is all over (fingers crossed) but since they are so old, they are barely filtering. So I took the "column" out and this has created a very fast current situation with barely any filtering. Is this okay?

-------
In ground pool- 14 X 28 average depth 4.5- with a concrete base and vinyl liner - hayward C2025 filter catridge

Hi, Jenny,

Welcome to the forum.

I assume you are converting from Baqua, right?

You should be watching and replenishing FC...not pH, it won't be accurate, anyway.

Sooner or later, you have to start removing solids from your pool. You will need the old cartridges in the filter to do that. Clean them thoroughly and put them back. Cartridge filters are troublesome for a baqua conversion because they need to be cleaned so frequently (at first).....it's the nature of the beast.

We had a small amount of the Baqua-goo at first, but none now. I have cleaned the filter out everyday (sometimes twice a day) since we have started this wonderful project.

The water should go clear when we are pretty much finished right?
-----------
In ground pool- 14 X 28 average depth 4.5- with a concrete base and vinyl liner - hayward C2025 filter catridge

The water will go clear somewhat before you are finished. It varies somewhat from pool to pool, but typically the CC level is still substantial and there is still some overnight FC loss when the water clears up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.