Above Ground, Perfect Bottom Installation, Cove

satio

May 11, 2010
I am in the final stages of installation for a 12x20x52 doughboy oval pool.

My area has very hard clay soil which was quite a task in leveling the area where the pool is installed.

I added about a 3 inch pad of sand inside the pool area on top of which my plan was to install a Perfect Bottom and foam coving which came in the "perfect bottom kit" I ordered as my understanding from reading other posts was that this would make a firm foundation which would not be penetrated by nutgrass and resistant to dimples from footprints.

|\ <--- coving
------ <--- perfect bottom
xxxxxx <--- sand

My expectation was that the foam coving i this kit would be self adhesive but it is intended to lock into the bottom rail track of the pool.

I was wondering if I could use a heavy duty 3M spray adhesive and just attach the existing coving I have to the sidewall of the pool?

|\ <-- coving
------ <--- perfect bottom

I would expect this to be as strong or stronger than the "paper back" adhesive on the peel and stick coving.

What should I do now?

The installation has taken many weeks and the wife and kids are expecting me to get busy filling this weekend as we are hitting 100+ temps in Texas so I am hoping the above will work but I dont want problems later.

Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Steve

No adhesive on at all? Wow. Well we used adhesive spray in addition to the sticky back to get a tight gap free fit. Also thinking 3" sand under Pad is overkill and you are losing water depth then. We went 1" under ours and everything went in just about perfectly

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.