Problem with Pump

Jun 3, 2010
Hi. I am new to the board.
I have a rectangle inground pool 32'X16' with a DE filter. The pool was closed for 2years. This year we decide to open it ( The pool was not covered). It is very dirty.

Please let me know if it is normal for a new pump to stop almost every 2 hours). If not, what could be the problem.

Thanks

I would add DE powder in the filter, the pump would run for about 45 minutes, the water going back in the pool was slow down until it stops; the we add backwash, add DE powder almost again every two hours

Is the pump motor stopping or is the flow stopping? It's fairly normal for a DE filter to need cleaning even hourly when the water is very dirty.

You need to thoroughly clean your DE filter. Turn off the pump, shut off the valves, bleed the air from the filter and take off the top. Hose off the grids or fingers, whichever you have, until all the old DE has been removed. Re-assemble the filter and re-charge with fresh DE. If you need more detailed instructions let us know.

Please go to the "user control panel" button in the top left corner of this page, just under the TFP logo. Go to edit signature and add the following details: Pool type and finish, pump brand and size, filter brand, size, and type, and any other details such as salt water chlorine generator, chlorinators, water features, ect... This will help us help you and your pool specs will be included with every post.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.