Pentair Intelichlor IC40 Problems

Jun 4, 2010
I have Pentair IC40 SWG that has worked fine for over 2 years. Last year I tried to do a field calibration which was successful but after pushing a lot of buttons (many time in the wrong sequence I am sure) the system no longer turns on by itself. The only way I can get the unit to operate (i.e. cell light turned on green) is to push both the "less" and "more" simultaneously to have the unit produce at 100% for a 24 period. If during that 24 hour period the unit is shut off, the lights on the unit 20% 40% 60% 80% all blink as if the unit is still producing chlorine but I have to hit the "less" and "more" buttons again to turn off and hit them again to turn back on to get the cell light to turn on and produce chlorine again. Other than that the unit seems to be working fine but it somewhat defeats the benefits of having the unit turn on automatically at the desired % setting. I am sure that I turned something off by hitting too may buttons - I talked to Pentair but they were mostly clueless. I have done all of the recommended normal cleaning and diagnostics but with no success.

It is running as a stand alone system. I am pretty sure that I asked Pentair that question but they never offered up anything to reset the system. They seemed to have trouble understanding the issue that I am having and told me to do the cleaning, etc. I know it is something that I did when pushing the buttons without really understanding what I was doing. I am afraid if I reset the system completely (factory defaults) I may loose whatever data is used to determine the cell useful life but not sure I have any other options at this point. I will ask Pentair again to see if I can restore factory defaults.

Thanks for you reply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.