Fresh 'N Clear.....Question.

johnd13

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 23, 2009
My neighbor is moving and while I was at work brought over a bunch of lawn/garden stuff yesterday that he didn't want to pack. I went through it last night and in there was an unopened box of Fresh 'N Clear from Leslie's. What little I have been able to find on this product (including a few threads here) is the main use for this in for indoor pools/spas.

My question (as I am not familiar with the active ingredients in this stuff) is since this stuff says it's a shock, does anyone here have an idea how much your FC will be raised per 10,000 gallons per pound of this stuff? I use the 10,000 gallons because the bag says it will shock a 10,000 gallon pool (lol yes I know how absurd that statement is). While I doubt very seriously I'd ever buy this stuff, as it was free and apparently will not raise CYA or CH when you use it, I thought I might as well use it if I have it.

So if anyone has any idea what this stuff does to FC when added, I'd appreciate it.

It does not add chlorine, but will active bromine according to their website. I could not find a MSDS for it in a quick search. I was sold Fresh and Clear to use as a clarifier last summer. Researching it after it didn't work is what led me to TFP! I would pass on it. Free garbage is still garbage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.