Intelliflow 4x160: Advice on efficient RPM and run times?

ktdave

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2007
Katy, TX
Any advice on what RPM setting and daily hours I should adjust my intelliflo pump to would be greatly appreciated. This would be for general circulation, not for when I want the bubbler (my only water feature and no spa) to be entertaining my 2 year old. For pool specs see signature.

Thanks in advance!

Running the pump for 8 hours would require 11,000 / (8 x 60) = 22.9 or around 23 gallons-per-minute (GPM) for one turnover. That's around the sweet spot for this pump in terms of energy efficiency though this is dependent on your piping. Assuming normal 2" piping out of the pump into multiple 1.5" returns and separate 1.5" suction lines to a skimmer and floor drain, you are probably looking at something in the neighborhood of 1300-1400 RPM or maybe less (1000 RPM), but it's really hard to know without the specifics of your system -- a flow meter is the best way to know for sure.

Richard

Thanks Richard! You correctly assumed my piping configuration. I have 2 skimmers, one that has the dual main drain piped into it, and six returns. I am contemplating getting a flow meter. In the meantime, I will start in that (1300) range and see how it works.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.